Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: DVD-R COMPATIBLE PLAYER LIST VERIFIED BY APPLE

  1. #1
    TA 152
    Guest TA 152's Avatar

    Post



    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 28, 2003 04:27 AM: Message edited by: S8 Booster ]</font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Digital is like a beautiful baby.

    Everyone's face lights up whenever they are in the baby's presence. They smile, wink, say "cuchy cuchy coo...."

    But the baby's diaper (also known as digital format compatibility) still needs to be changed daily.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 18, 2003 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Super-8mm in the DigitalAge ]</font>

  3. #3
    TA 152
    Guest TA 152's Avatar

    Post



    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 28, 2003 04:27 AM: Message edited by: S8 Booster ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thank you for these, s8booster...It was extremely helpful to me, I've already used the list today!! Mike

  5. #5
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just had an interesting experience making a DVD on a Pansonic DVD-R deck that sells for around $850.00

    The chapter titling text capabilities are HORRIBLE. The worst I've ever seen. I mention this first because as time goes on, the cute chapter playback button options offered on DVD's are becoming more and more popular.

    Letting the audience view certain kind of productions by chapters is something that is becoming mandatory.

    The DVD Unit that I used had 4 or five recording speeds. XP, (the 1 hour mode), SP (2 hour mode), LP (4 hour mode), and SLP (6 hour mode).

    Some claim that there is no noticeable difference between the 1 hour and 2 hour modes. However, the 1 hour/XP speed has a "quirk" to it. It won't play in some other DVD machines! However, you can COPY the XP DVD and those DVD copies WILL play on other DVD machines. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was using Memorex brand DVD-R blank discs, then read that Maxell is supposed to be more compatible with dvd players, so I switched to that..haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but will let you know. Homemade DVD-R's are very fragile...I had one I made that my kids had taken out of the machine and put on top..apparently, it got scratched when they moved it, and will no longer work. (not exactly archival, huh?) Adobe is supposed to be coming out with a really deluxe dvd creation software for computers this summer...cost about 500-600 bucks...not sure if i would need that, but then again, I don't NEED half the stuff I own!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •